Monday, July 09, 2007

Visa, Funeral and Party

I got my visa today! So another big thing under control.

I've been checking so many times for how long I really can be in the States. And I finally found a page where it is said clearly enough so that I don't worry anymore. It's just that in every place it says that one can stay in the US as long as is said in the visa. And it's 31 Dec in my case! I remember clearly that I've read many times that it's that time plus 30 days. But all I could find from the embassy's pages was that how much earlier I can enter US! But now I used half an hour to really find it. And here it is:
The initial admission of an exchange visitor, spouse and children may not exceed the period specified on Form DS-2019, plus a period of 30 days for the purpose of travel. The 30-day grace or travel status period is intended to be a period following the end of the exchange visitor’s program and is to be used for domestic travel and/or to prepare for and depart from the U.S., and for no other purpose.
From here.

So, now I stop worrying about that. It says so in my blog and I'm always right, right? (Please Kirsikka, leave a comment). Muaha!

And the funeral is over too. It's funny that before the funeral I cried once when I heard that grandmom had died (if the one time isn't counted, I cried when I thought she'd going to die last Fall), and once at the funeral (well almost all the time at the chapel). Then I felt relieved. It was over. The ceremony as it self was boring. There weren't any Karelian pasties!!!! Who cares if they had been bought from some shop??? Grandmom ALWAYS made them! Bah. And all the relatives from that side are lunatic. Well, almost all. Most of them.
One of her children is the craziest. She was there AND wrote an address where was something like this "Mom, sorry mom, you were important blaa blaa". Oh, so strange! They were always fighting (mom says there's gotta be something at the background, no-one can be that angry with ones mom!) and now she was so regretting and all. And everyone could see it's only a fake show. She's just so weird. She is! Her kids couldn't come there because they are having some fight (that has lasted as long as I can remember)... I just can't understand. I hope I don't have to invite them to any parties! I do hope so though if I'm going to have any party (meaning wedding or something, which means that at least SHE should have died.. she's over 70... mean but still...) I need to invite them. I'm not going to participate in their fights, as long as they don't fight in my party!

I'd post a pic of grandmoms coffin but I don't consider it acceptable. So I won't.

After the funeral we got back home and I left almost immediately back at lab, did some cell things and got back home. After that we went to Emmi's and Elina's birthday party. I had booze from the midsummers and took it with me. And drank it all. Plus the punch. Though not all of it. Muaha. Then I felt like partying and went to Karma where the sock sweat and urine smelled (not nice) and the floor was all sticky. But we spent some hours there, and I even danced! And drank three ciders. And water. After that we went to get some pizza and walked home with Kirsikka. I had a really good night and after being a bit quiet at the sisters place (Elinas actually) I felt nice. We spoke english at the pizza place and it was fun. I have no idea what time it was when I got to bed, my watch is at clockmaker. Next day I woke up at 9 am and couldn't sleep because I knew my parents would be here in a few hours (they were going to my aunts cottage, it's about an hour and a half drive from here). We had time to clean the house (the usual Sunday cleaning) and to recover a bit. I had a slight hangover. But not too bad. Now I can be sober for a month. Well, three weeks. Then I'm going to Tampere to celebrate my leaving with some friends and after that the next weekend I'm going to celebrate it again in here.

Oh, I just realized that I'm going to leave in a month! It can't be so soon...

And my cells... I don't have enough time to repeat my experiments as many times as I'd like to and would be recommended but I just need to cope with that. If I'm hard working, I'll get my experiments done in a three weeks. Then I'll have few days to think what I've done and few days off too. The latter one sounds quite nice.

And the final thing in this blog entry; I hate this summer! I mean the weather. It's nothing but rain and gray sky! It makes me feel tired!

I still had something to say but I forgot it so it must be nothing interesting. Oh now I remember, I turned one watch in our house to display the Iowa time. Now I don't feel so bad when waking up and staying up late. Handy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hyvä että saadaan sut vielä sieltä takaisinkin. Vaikka kyllä ne haluaa sut siellä pitää, kun tajuavat minkälainenen aarre olet :).