Thursday, February 01, 2007

Overwhelmed

Wow. Soon I'll not understand what's happening in my life.

We'll be going to Tampere tomorrow morning to this lab to look some cells and to talk about what to do next. They'll teach me some things about cell culturing and we'll start thinking what I should do and what I could do so that my research would fill some missing things in their research. something. It will be interesting. This will be my first time in some one else's lab. Kind of excursion. Exiting!

AND, the BIG thing! We talked with Tuula about me going to Tennessee to Miki's lab to visit while I'm in the USA and the possibility that I could go to there after my USA studies for few weeks before I come back to Finland. And he had said yes. YES. YES! So, I'll be going there to do some little project for a few weeks. Then I asked (I fas half kidding) if Tuula would know someone in physics field there and she got all exited and looked right away if she knows someone from the Vanderbilt University when she goes to Biophysics meeting next March. She doesn't but she said she'll find and ask someone when she goes to the meeting.
So, Tarmo will be coming to the university to do something when I'm there. That's so GREAT! I'm so happy!

AND that's not all, folks. When (notice, WHEN) I'm going back there to do the research for my Ph.D. Tarmo can come too! He'll might come there to do something in the biophysics field (which has a lot to do with neuroscience). So happy!

He'll take some courses with me this spring (actually three) in biochemistry so he knows something in that field too.

Oh god I can't even say how excited I am! EXCITED! OH!

I couldn't even imagine anything like this. I'm on my third year in the university and I'm going to start my masters thesis soon, I'll go to visit someone else's labs and do some cooperation with someone who really knows things. And I already have a place where to go to do research. I can't understand this! I'm so overwhelmed.

But I'll tell something else too, though really shortly only.

SO, well go to Tampere. We'll take the kitties with us to my parents. On Saturday we'll go to look WM-contest in kyykkä and visit some friends. On Monday I'll have to know the 20 amino acids by names and by structure. And I did my maturity for my B.Sc. today. It went well.

No comments: