Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Still cold

So, it was kind of cold today. But I put enough clothes on so I was fine. It was hard to bike (it just didn't go forward) but it was still better way to go to the university and back home. But I don't want to go outside anymore today. It was THAT cold.

But you never believe what our kitties had done during the night!! They had eaten my bananas! MY BANANAS! Actually they didn't eat them but they had peeled one of them (and the banana was still one nice banana) and the other had been bitten and played with. So I couldn't eat them anymore. But it was funny. I can't even imagine how they managed to peel the banana so cleanly!

And by the way, the kitties feel fine. They're just like before. No more poor kitties.

And about last weekend. It was fun and I got so much out of it. Mostly we discussed about Heidi's work but we thought some things I would start to do too. And I surprised Jaska too. I didn't realize that it was the medical university we went (Jaska studies there) and while we were drinking coffee in he cafeteria I saw Jaska and went to say hello. And we saw again on Saturday when we went to the MM-Kyykkä. It was fun there too. We went there at 9 am and started to "celebrate" right away. I saw Riina there too and we hanged with her and her friends there. Then we found Jaska and hanged with him and his friends. And then me and Tarmo went to see my brother and his family and after that one of my friends had a party and we went there. And finally we were back at my parents house at midnight.

Me and Riina
Tarmo and me


Some doctor guys (Jaska behind me) and me
(Can't remember the other two names)

And on Sunday we woke up early (we slept in the living room so the kitties were with us and got all wild at 7am). And we were back home at 4pm. And I learned all the 20 normal amino acids while sitting in the train (when we went and when we came back). And the test was on Tuesday (not on Monday as I thought). And it went well. And I got 4 of the neurobiology exam!
I'm starting to be smart again. Maybe it's because I now have the time to study well.
I'll have another exam on Monday. And then I'll have a laboratory course (electron microscopy). I thought that it would be cool if me and my partner (Reija) could do some brain slices there (we'll do some specimens there, but not about the brain). So I went to the supervisor and asked if that could be possible. And it is! No-one in our university knows well how it should be done or what we should see in them but she said we can still try. How awesome! And Tuula praised my idea and the thing that I thought such a thing and went to ask about it. It after all is one aspect of my interests (not that I would do it necessarily in any point of my life) so it's really useful for me to know how these kind of specimens are done.
The only thing is, that because no-one knows about this issue, me and Reija have to do much more work for our things in that course. But I don't mind. At least now. Muaha.

But I have to go back to do dome research for one cource.

No comments: