Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Hate Locals

Yesterday was fine.

I'll not trust again to locals, at least in Vantaa. The train was fine though I didn't get a seat because the ticket machine wouldn't sell me a seat to pendolino. So I had to move few times after Tampere. At Tikkurila I found the bus right away. I asked if the driver knew the place and he was confused. When I showed him the map I got, he said he knew where I should leave the bus. But after me there came this guy who asked if the bus goes to the airport (it does) and the driver answered "yeah". Then he asked when it will be there and the driver replied "yeah". And I gulped.

On our way I saw the hotel which was marked on the map but there didn't seem to be a stop and soon the driver said I should go. A guy left on the same stop and I asked him if he would know where I should go. He was looking at the map and finally said I should go towards these buildings. And I thanked and started to walk there fast. I still had half an hour time before the course would start. After a while I started to doubt the guy. There was nothing! So I called to one of the people at Olympus. She didn't answer first but on the second time she did. I had already walked back to the starting point. And there was 15 minutes left. She said that I was too far away to walk there in time, she'd pick me up. And she did and I was right in time. Huh! So thanks to the bus driver and this guy, I had to bother this women! But she was nice. And if I had trusted to my brains, I'd probably ended in the right place. BUT, I still blame Olympus the most.

  • They assume that everyone has their own car and by giving only an address everyone will find to place
  • The map they gave didn't have enough streets, only two streets on every side of the building
And thanks to these, I didn't see the street I was on and got lost. And there was this road construction so one road was missing on the map. But I didn't miss anything and that's the main thing.

I got a cup of coffee and nice bread. The course had lectures which lasted for couple of hours and after that we went to lunch. And that was it! We didn't have the hands on teaching because all of us (six persons) had different softwares. I did learn some new things though so the course was not in vain. But still over 100 euros for thins course would be too much! Luckily it didn't cost anything for us. And our department will pay back my trips too.
AND, I got this Jamie Olivers Shaker! It's so cool! And very handy! And of course I got a certificate from it. So, not a bad trip.

And thanks to early ending I got time to surprise Mom. I stayed in Tampere for a few hours and spent some time with Mom. She was so happy. And I had nice time too! We went to coffee and she bought me nice shoes! And a new toy for kitties. They've already broken the last toy (same toy actually), it's their favorite! And I was back home at 8 pm. And I was really tired.

And I've had some time to play with the camera and phone, and they're nice! Really nice! I love the camera, it's so good! It takes good pics and I get much information from them with this program (which I don't like, I should've bought Olympuses picture card in order to use the program fully!!). I still need to learn how to use it, but I know some basic features of the camera now. And it was so fun, one of the first things was to play with it under water! Muaha!
And the phone is nice too. I really like it. And it came to my mind, that because it has radio in it, I can now listen to it instead of silence in the labs when I'm working with my cells! Nice!

I'm really happy with my shoppings. I got what I wanted.

But I need to go to sleep. I've noticed that I'm quite tired. I need to take few days of vacation after the course is over. I really need some rest. I get tired so easily and after 8 hours in the lab I'm exhausted. And I still would need to do reports and read articles. And normally I could do that. But not now. Luckily weekend is coming. Though I need to write the report on Saturday or Sunday with Reija. But the course will end next Wednesday! And next Friday I'm maybe going to Helsinki again. There is the meeting of cell biologists and since I'm one of the council, I don't need to buy my trips there. And people there are nice.

But now to bed.

ps. I'm menstruating again. Phew.

No comments: