Thursday, August 02, 2007

On Vacation

I felt so grown up today! I was at the bank and I got some dollars and travelers checks. I've never had checks before. And I've never changed money at bank. I had to take a pic of my new money, muaha!


I used as a background our new pillowcases and pillows! I've been supposed to buy new pillows for ages since the old ones were quite bad already and then I had really wakening moment when we slept at Ilona's. Her pillows were so perfect that I thought, now! And they were expensive, 70€ each, but at 70% discount! I also bought pillowcases for them and new curtains to bedroom!


I'd like to have new shower curtain too because kitties tore the old one and it looks ugly. But I couldn't find any nice shower curtains! So I didn't buy new one.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm about to move away for six months and I can soon decorate my new room, but now I got this weird decoration boost and I'd like to have all kinds of new stuff in here! I already found sofa, tv surface, shelves, coffee table, dinner table and chairs, night table... Which means that I already renewed our house totally. I also dream of new curtains to our livingroom and new carpet... But I think we'll start to look those things when we get money somewhere. Tarmo already said that he trusts in my taste so that means no fighting! Muaha!

Yesterday we had a meeting where we went through my work. I didn't have enough time to go through all my pics but we wouldn't have had enough time to go through all of them anyway. But it cheered me up because I indeed got some results! I hadn't realized those things before, not that I had much time to think my work... I still need to edit the last pics and send Tuula some pics, then it's all done. But that can wait, I'm on vacation now!!! Finally!!! I washed our fridge and I thought I'd go through my exchange papers too today, or tonight. On Saturday I'll have my leaving party at our backyard. Then I'll just relax and enjoy Tarmo and kitties.

In a week I'll be at Iowa! Awful! Yet still wonderful! I still should call and reserve the transportation from the airport to the hotel and check my flights and pack bags. And check where I should be and what time when the orientation starts. I got a new ticket to my student card and there were lots of exchange students too. My tummy started to prickle...

But now I get back to arranging our stuff...

No comments: