Thursday, December 07, 2006

TOEFL

I called today to Netherlands! I told TArmo to listen music so he couldn't hear me. I was so ashamed to speak english. But it went well and now I have an exam on January.
This day was awful. I had two tests, I hope and believe (if I dare to say so) I'll pass both of them, though I will not get good grades on swedish. But the point is to pass it so I can get it to my language studies. After the tests I went to listen a seminar and started to feel bad there, since I had eaten only an apple and few candy after my breakfast (I got up at six am.). And after that I went to talk to Tuula since I won't go to university tomorrow. She still hasn't done the corrections to my articel, but it's only good since I don't have any motivation to do anything right now.
I got home after four pm. and checked email. There was a mail from international servicec that I should register me NOW to TOEFL and call to Netherlands. I first thought I should call there tomorrow but then I got a new email which said that there is really open times for the tests on March or April and that would be too late, so I should check if I could do some other tests and I couldn't find any and got fustrated.
So I made some sandwiches, ate and tried again. I encouraged myself and called to the TOEFL center. A nice phonebill will come but now I have done it. I just corrected some mistakes of my information on their webpages, because I had to spell all names and streets etc to him. But I got the test day to January and that's good. I don't have to worry about that (well I do, but not in that way that I wouldn't get the test). So I'll travel to Helsinki on that day. And the test costs 116€! And I had to loan Tarmos credit card (which is his mothers actually) and I felt bad about it since his mother called to him and didn't sound very pleased, but was ok when Tarmo explained the situation. I ofcourse paid it back already.

We'll have a "little christmas" tomorrow. I have no idea if that phrase had any real meaning. Wer'll make the salad to there (we got the ingredients today). And we'll go to bank on morning to get Tarmo's real credit card (before they gave the wrong one to him), get some pants and a new bag for him. And some wine for the night.
We baked A LOT of cookies yesterday. Well, the others baked, I ate too much cake and didn't feel so good. And then we sang some karaoke. It was fun.
But I think I'm too tired now. My brains haven't been working sonce 2 pm. And I bet the man in the TOEFL Center noticed that. It took some time to me to get what he ment by a star. I misheard it and didn't have any idea what he ment. But I finally got it and we laughed about it. He was really nice. And my English wasn't so bad.

But I really need to sleep now.

No comments: