Friday, April 20, 2007

Another Problem

So, again problems.

Finnair is fucker and it doesn't have alliances with other airlines (or something like that) and Aer Lingus is bigger fucker because it doesn't have alliances with ANY airlines. So I'd have to wait for my luggagges to arrive at Dublin and then go to check-in. No problem, but i have only TWO HOURS time! And I should be at check-in an hour before my next flight so only hour time to get my stuff. And if you think what time it takes to get to the place where the stuff comes and then drag it to another place... ONE HOUR?! Not enough!

I took me a while to figure this problem out. And here's the solution:

I will have ONLY my hand bag and one bag for my other stuff. And computer bag.

All the other stuff will be sent for me via mail to Iowa.

So no problem. I just have to wish that if I send my other stuff to US, they will be there few days after I arrive there.

But then I found another problem while I was checking for all kinds of restrictions for handbags. My baggage is 7 cm too big on one side for Aer Lingus! I haven't solved this yet but I asked from Kilroy what I should do. And it's Friday evening so I'll get my answer only on Monday.

But I already planned what to pack! Muaha!

And printed some maps for Dublin and Chicago airports. Maps always comfort me. (Not car maps you stupid, internal maps I mean.)

I finally finished my Housing Application (I finally got the answer for my questions from US). I still need to mail it. But I'll do it on Monday. I'll send it via university so that I don't have to pay anything.

I still need to find out where to buy adapters for my laptop and phone. And buy the camera and phone! I planned to buy them next month (one week to go, muaha). And go to nurse to get my vaccination records, get my pill prescription so that I can buy enough pills form here.
What else? I need to contact Miki and ask about the lab thing, get insurance for my things, go to bank to get Tarmo a piece of paper so that he can deal with my money issues. And get some dollars.

So that much things still to do before I get next hundred thousand papers to fill and things to do.

Another big thing for this day. I prepared about 150 letters with Sira. It took two hours but it's done now. It fas for the Cell Biologists in Finland association (or something like that).

But I think I still have some energy to do something for the exchange thing. Bad thing that the Iowa House haven't still replied for my e-mail. So still waiting... Though I do need to reserve a room from there. But I just don't know for how long. I remember reading somewhere that I might stay at some cheaper place after the weekend. But I just don't remember where I read that. I could find that out...

No comments: